Sunday, December 2, 2012

BODYWISE IS IN THE HOUSE!!!!


BodyWise is in the house!!!



To date, I have had two BodyWise Soirees, and they both were a lot of fun!

A BodyWise Soiree gives hosts and their guests a chance to experience what it's like to have a massage session with myself. I know what it is like to pay full price for a massage session and not be happy with it. Instead of doing 50% off deals, I choose to provide my services at a shorter length, while you and your guests pay less and enjoy a night of fun and laughter, for any event! I pay attention to what you tell me before your session and use my expertise to create for you a tailored, therapeutic massage that you will never forget. I believe in my work and strive to make you believe in it too!
I found ideas online of how massage parties can work and how they have been great for some I building their businesses. So, I decided to give it a try!

The first thing I did was decide on prices and services I would provide during my visit. Table massage, for the most part, always wins over chair massage with most people. (chair massage also available) I bring my table, sheets, music etc.. and set it all up in a private, cozy room away from the rest of the party. Your guests of 5- 8 people (receiving massage), have the choice of either a 20 minute or a 30 minute massage, in which they can choose to be fully clothed or undressed and covered while I use my lotions and oils to give a relaxing or therapeutic massage.

“How did it go?” you ask?
Well, for my first Soiree, I was very nervous and anxious about how it would be and what everyone would think of me as a Massage Therapist. I wondered if these Parties would be worth it to them. My worries were that no one would like my work, or that I would end up being so disorganized that it would all go wrong. I imagined that somehow I would not have enough time to do all the massages and someone would be very disappointed that they got skipped. At the same time, I was also very excited to be able to see how things would turn out and to see one of my business ideas come to life.

As it turned out, none of the above mishaps occurred and things went great for both events! I feel great when my clients can say, “ Wow! You found all the spots!” or at the end of their time they say “I like you, can you give me another 10 minutes, lets make it 30 minutes instead of 20.” One male client said, “I’ve been dealing with that pain in my low back for so long, and now I don feel it! This was so much better than the massage I had on vacation!”

During my second Soiree, the one thing I did different was introduce myself to the group, explain what I do and give them all my information before I met with them individually. I think I'll continue doing it this way. I didn’t at first because I didn’t want it to seem too formal or too much like demonstration party. I want to be personal and friendly though, and introducing myself to all at one time seems like the thing to do. I didn’t spend more than 5 minutes doing this and It felt natural and not forced.

All but one chose the oils and lotions for a 30 minute session. At each of the two soirees, I gave 4 massages. My original plan was to have at least 5 massages, but 4 has worked out well for me getting started. After their massage, Each person meets with me privately to pay for their service, ask any questions, and they also have the chance to purchase a gift certificate/s and or set up another massage appointment if they so choose. Finally, I gave them their gift bags filled with complimentary surprises to express my thanks for their interest in what I do.

All in all I am very happy with the results. Business in itself is always a challenge but trying new things for your business is even more of a challenge. These challenges help you grow and teach you to have confidence in yourself as a business owner. If we never try new things then we never know if we will be good at them or if its worth the risk.

A big THANK YOU to my sister for hosting and supporting my business ventures!


Thanks for reading!


For more information about hosting a BodyWise Soiree, Visit my Website!

Don't forget to Comment, Share or Like me on Facebook!
 
Lorin Janae~~
 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment